International Journal of Business and Emerging Marketshttp://www.inderscience.com/info/ingeneral/cfp.php?id=2647
Special Issue on: "Internationalisation and Competitiveness of Emerging Economy Firms" Submission Deadline 28th February 2015
- Prof. Murali D.R. Chari, Lally School of Management, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA
There is, however, a dearth of studies that have documented empirical evidence on the relationship between international expansion and the subsequent strengthening of emerging economy firm competitiveness. This special issue seeks to promote and publish research that addresses this void.
Theoretically grounded empirical studies are preferred. Carefully developed theoretical papers are also welcome. Studies can be focused on firms from one or more emerging economies. To maintain consistency and shared understanding, countries classified by the International Monetary Fund as emerging market and developing economies would be considered as emerging economies for the purpose of this special issue.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- · How does foreign expansion enhance the competitiveness of emerging economy firms in their home country markets and in international markets?
- · Does the relationship between foreign expansion and the subsequent enhancement of emerging economy firm competitiveness vary by international entry/expansion mode such as exports, joint ventures and wholly owned operations?
- · Can we empirically document the relationship between different modes of international expansion and various measures of emerging economy firm competitiveness (e.g. market share, productivity relative to competitors, and profitability relative to competitors) after allowing for time lags necessary for the development of competencies?
- · Does foreign expansion into advanced economies and other emerging economies contribute differently to the competitiveness of emerging economy firms?
Notes for Prospective AuthorsSubmitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written)
All papers are refereed through a double blind process.
All papers must be submitted online. Please read our Submitting articles page
- Manuscript submission: 28 February, 2015
- Reviewer reports: 1 June, 2015
- Revised paper submission: 1 September, 2015
- Final paper submission: 1 October, 2015