in Dubai, UAE 11-14 August 2014
Hosted by University of Wollongong in Dubai, UAE. Win a free iPad or eReader.
DEADLINE FoR SUBMISSION OF PAPERS EXTENDED TO: 24 FEBRUARY 2014
Marketing, Managing and Financing Organizations in Today’s Environment of Slow Economic Growth: To achieve the best level of performance in today’s environment of slow economic growth, managers must be innovative and competitive. They must be prepared to acquire and utilize multi-dimensional skills that are essential for managing, marketing and financing organizations successfully. Contemporary research findings and theories presented at this conference will shed light into the policies and strategies that are vital for achieving effective growth and enhance organizational performance. This 6th biennial Academy of World Business, Marketing and Management Development Conference aims to share research knowledge, theories and practice that exist in the world in the areas of business, marketing, finance and management. Manuscripts for this double blind peer reviewed conference are invited in terms of competitive papers, case studies, research in progress, literature review, special sessions and doctoral research papers in any of the track areas listed below:
2014 TRACK AREAS
- Track 1: Agribusiness Management/Agrimarketing
- Track 2: Business, Marketing and Management Development in Transitional Economies
- Track 3: Consumer Behaviour and Psychology
- Track 4: Current Issues in Business, Marketing and Management in Africa
- Track 5: Current Issues in Business, Marketing and Management in Asia
- Trck 6: Current Issues in Business, Marketing and Management in Australia and New Zealand
- Track 7: Current Issues in Business, Marketing and Management in Central America and the Caribbean
- Track 8: Current Issues in Business, Marketing and Management in Europe
- Track 9: Current Issues in Business, Marketing and Management in the Middle East
- Track 10: Current Issues in Business, Marketing and Management in North America
- Track 11: Current Issues in Business, Marketing and Management in South America
- Track 12: Economics, International Trade and Banking
- Track 13: Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development
- Track 14: Environmental Management/Environmental Marketing Issues
- Track 15: Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Track 16: Finance, Foreign Direct Investments, Accounting and Taxation
- Track 17: Globalization and International Management
- Track 18: Health Care Marketing and Management
- Track 19: Human Resource Management and Occupational Health and Safety
- Track 20: Industrial Marketing/Business-to-Business Marketing
- Track 21: Information Systems, E-Commerce, E-Marketing
- Track 22: International Business in Emerging Economies
- Track 23: International Marketing and Exporting
- Track 24: Management and Organizational Behaviour
- Track 25: Marketing Management
- Track 26: Marketing and Management of Education and Training
- Track 27: Marketing and Management of Non Profit Organizations
- Track 28: Promotion Strategy and Communication
- Track 29: Public Administration
- Track 30: Services Marketing and Relationship Marketing
- Track 31: Social Media
- Track 32: Strategic Management
- Track 33: Strategic Marketing
- Track 34: Sustainable Management/Sustainable Marketing
- Track 35: Technology/Research and Development
- Track 36: Tourism and Hospitality Marketing and Management
- Track 37: Transportation, Aviation and Aerospace Management
- Track 38: Women in Leadership and Management
- Track 39: Special Session – Doctoral Research Papers
- Track 40: Special Session – Legal issues, Criminal Justice, Forensic Science, etc
TYPES OF PAPERS FOR SUBMISSIONS: Your submission can be in any of the following four categories.
· An abstract only paper of least 100 words but not more than one page; or
· A proposal/work in progress paper to be no longer than 5 pages; or
· A competitive full paper to be no longer than 15 pages; or
· A literature review paper to be no longer than 15 pages but needs to provide theoretical insights based on reviews of relevant literature.
PAPER AWARD AND PUBLICATION: Conference participants have a chance to win a free iPad or eReader through random drawing of names. There is a ‘Best Paper Award Certificate’ or ‘Commendation Award Certificate’. Very good competitive papers will be recommended to be double blind refereed again for possible publication in a refereed book or for publication in any of the following double blind refereed journals:
· Journal of International Marketing and Exporting (ISSN 1324-5864)
· Journal of Management and World Business Research ISSN (1449- 3179)
· International Journal of Business and Marketing (ISSN 1448-9848) – New double blind peer refereed journal.
· International Journal of Business, Social Sciences, Humanities and Education (ISSN 2201-3105) – New double blind peer refereed journal.
Publication in the proceedings – Although all papers to be presented at the conference are entitled to appear in the conference proceedings, the Academy will allow every author to decide whether to publish his or her full paper in the proceedings or to publish only the abstract.
PRIZES: Participants who register and present their papers at the conference as well as attend the conference dinner have a chance to win a free iPad or eReader through random drawing of tickets. If a number is drawn and the person with the ticket number is not available in the room when the number is drawn, another number will be drawn because the person whose number is drawn must be present to win the prize. The Program Chair and the Associate Program Chairs cannot win these prizes.
CALL FOR TRACK CHAIRS: All track chairs must attend the Conference. To be considered to serve as a track chair/co-track chair please email Executive Conference Director and Program Chair, Professor Gabriel Ogunmokun the following information:
(i) Track Number/Area you are interested in being a track chair for.
(ii) Your title, name, highest qualification, current position in your organization, address of your organization, and your email address:
The responsibilities of a track chair/co-track chair will include:
· Submitting a joint or individual paper for the conference to the Program Chair Prof Ogunmokun who will organize it to be double blind peer reviewed;
· Attending the conference and serving as a chair for one of the sessions;
· Receiving papers from contributors in your Track area for review;
· Sending the papers you have received to reviewers on behalf of the conference organizers;
· Forwarding the papers that reviewers have accepted to the organizers, with the reviewers’ comments; and
· Promoting the conference to other people in your area.
The 2014 Executive Conference Director and Program Chair Program Chair is Professor Gabriel Ogunmokun and the Associate Program Chair is Professor Prakash Vel.
For detailed information visit: http://academyofworldbusiness.com/wp/conferences/2014-dubai-uae-2/ or contact Professor Gabriel Ogunmokun by email using the two email addresses below.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.
Professor Gabriel Ogunmokun, PhD (Monash)
President and Executive Conference Director and Program Chair
Academy of World Business, Marketing and Management Development
GPO Box K 789, Perth, Western Australia 6842
(Chair of Department of Marketing and Management; and Chair of Research - School of Business, University of the Virgin Islands, United States Virgin Islands).
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org