The Journal of International Marketing announces a
Call for Papers for a Special Issue on “Innovation in the Global Marketplace.”
Innovation has become increasingly important to marketing academics and practitioners as firms operate in a larger number of markets and organic growth becomes the watchword in the executive suite. The specific goals of this special issue are to present new insights into the concepts of innovation, innovation management, and the innovation-customer linkage that is relevant to marketing scholars and practitioners concerned with the challenges of innovation in global markets.
This issue intends to extend the current understanding of innovation in the field of marketing. Manuscripts may be theoretical or empirical. This special issue seeks to publish leading research on innovation in global markets from the perspectives of strategy, modeling and consumer behavior. A primary criterion for assessing fit with “Innovation in the Global Marketplace” is that manuscripts enhance the field of marketing’s understanding of innovation issues in the global context using rigorous theoretical and or empirical method.
Potential topics of interest would, but are not limited to:
· Product and service innovation challenges in the global marketplace
· Employment of technology in innovation for enhancing global market effectiveness
· Global and/or cross-national diffusion of innovations (product, service and/or process)
· Effectively coordinating innovation activities across borders
· Process innovation for global marketing effectiveness
· Globalizing organizational process innovations for enhancing marketing capabilities
· Innovating markets for strategic global growth
· Challenges to entrepreneurial innovation across markets
· Cross-cultural or cross-national consumer responses to product and service innovations
· Role of mergers and acquisitions in global innovation
· Product- and service-innovation alignment with corporate sustainability efforts
· Linkages among innovation, branding, and product line proliferation in global efforts
Deadline for Submission: February 8, 2010.
Submitted manuscripts should follow the format indicated in the submission guidelines at: http://marketingpower.com/JIMGuidelines.
Manuscripts should be submitted at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ama_jim. All manuscripts will be entered into the review process beginning February 9, 2010.
Questions pertaining to the special issue should be directed to:
David A. Griffith
Editor, Journal of International Marketing
The John W. Byington Endowed Chair in Global Marketing
Department of Marketing
The Eli Broad Graduate School of Management
Michigan State University
N370 North Business Complex
East Lansing, MI 48824-1122, USA