Conference on Entrepreneurship and Africa
Syracuse University’ Africa Business Program, the Whitman School of Management and the Kiebach Center for International Business Studies cordially invite you to participate in our First Africa Business Conference. The Conference will be held at Syracuse University, August 20-22, 2009. You are welcome to submit a paper for presentation or organize a session.
The Conference will focus on the nature and implications of entrepreneurship in Africa. Manuscripts may address any phase or aspect of the entrepreneurial process such as start-up, finance, growth, management, and influences of and effects on economic development. Studies may focus solely on one country or on comparisons between countries. Manuscripts presented at the conference will be seriously considered for publication in a Special Issue on Africa, to be published by the Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship (JDE).
The following are examples of topics of submitted manuscripts:
1. Women and Entrepreneurship
2. Roots of entrepreneurship in Africa
3. Special Opportunities and Challenges faced by entrepreneurs
4. Entrepreneurship and economic reforms
5. Cross-country comparisons and implications
6. The use of social networks (domestic and global).
7. Entrepreneurship in the midst of regional conflict and global turbulence
8. Regional differences
9. Public Policy
10. Entrepreneurship education
11. Financing Issues
The deadline for abstracts is April 30, 2009. Notification will be made by May 15, 2009. If accepted, completed papers should be submitted by July 25, 2009. Please submit electronically firstname.lastname@example.org.