Eleventh Annual International Conference
Prague, Czech Republic
July 7 – 11, 2009
Business Strategies and Technological Innovations For Sustainable Development: Creating Global Prosperity For Humanity
- School of Business, The State University of New York at Old Westbury, New York, USA
- Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Technology, Brno, Czech Republic
- Vaal University of Technology, Vanderbijlpark, South Africa
- Faculty of Humanities &Faculty of Management Sciences,
- Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria, South Africa
- Polytechnic Institute of Leiria, Leiria, Portugal
- Fu Jen Catholic University, Taipei, Taiwan
- State University of Management & Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
- IBM East Europe/Asia Ltd., Moscow, Russia
- Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- The Robins School of Business, University of Richmond, Virginia, USA
- Coventry University, Coventry, UK
- Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Australia
- Monash University, Australia
Deadline for receipt of abstracts or papers: March 31, 2009
Submissions will be double-blind reviewed on a rolling basis to assure you a rapid decision to facilitate your funding and scheduling needs.
We welcome submissions addressing the GBATA Eleventh Annual International Conference theme: Business Strategies and Technological Innovations for Sustainable Development: Creating Global Prosperity for Humanity.
The theme is designed to encourage submissions that take unique perspectives on the critical issues related to multicultural, economic, technological, social, legal, and regulatory challenges that public and private industries and organizations encounter.
The author must specify paper(s) by track number, list two track numbers if appropriate and up to four key words that describe the paper(s).
Authors may seek guidance on matching their work to a track b contacting Dr. Nejdet Delener, Conference Chair (E-mail: GBATAdelener@oldwestbury.edu ).
The Conference will include contributed paper sessions, invited and plenary presentations, case studies, round tables, panels, workshops and forums. The accepted papers will be published in the Conference Readings Book.
The Conference will provide a unique international forum to facilitate the exchange of cutting-edge information through multi-disciplinary presentations.
TRACKS: Abstracts or Papers
- I. Accounting
Financial Accounting &Taxation
- II. Economics
Economic Development & Competitiveness
World Trade Organization & Multinational TradingBlocs
- III. Finance & Banking
Financial Institutions & Markets
Corporate Finance & Investments
Banking and Financial Services
- IV. Information Technology
Technology and Networks
Management of Technology
- V. Marketing
Buyer Behavior & Customer Relations Management
Distribution, Supply Chain Management
Integrated Marketing Communications, Branding & Pricing
Marketing Strategy, Product Management & New Product Development
- VI. Management
Operations Management & TQM
Organizational Behavior, Development & Change
Corporate Strategy & Culture
Knowledge & Technology Management, Entrepreneurship
Public & Nonprofit Organizations
- VII. Law and Regulations
Minimizing Illegality & Unethical Conduct in Business
Negotiating & Deal Making
- VIII. Health Care Management
Management of Health Care Providers
Economics of Health Care Services
Contemporary Strategies in Pharmaceutical Industry
- IX. Tourism and Hospitality Management
Hospitality Management, Leisure, & Tourism
Marketing of Theme Parks & Tourism
Lifestyle Services, Sports & Olympics
- X. Interdisciplinary Studies
Business Education and Teaching Innovation
E-Commerce and Technology
Public Policy, Immigration, and Ethical Issues
Global Poverty and Underemployment
SPECIAL TOPICS: Special Panels, Forums, and Symposiums
Attendees are also invited. Interested group should select a session chair. The session chair’s responsibility will be to organize the special topics session and inform conference chair, Dr. N. Delener.
March 31, 2009 Deadline for receipt of submissions.
April 30, 2009 Notification of acceptance.
May 10, 2009 Deadline for early registration & submission of full papers for inclusion in Readings Book.
After May 10th, papers will not be included in Readings book.
Outstanding Paper Awards:
Several papers will be selected for competitive awards. Winning papers will be recognized for their distinction at the Conference and will also be considered for inclusion in the Journal of Global Business and Technology.
Eleventh Annual International Conference, Global Business and Technology Association
Guidelines for Submission (All submissions are refereed):
- Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged (PDF format). E-mail your abstract, full paper, or panel proposal to the Conference Chair (E-mail: GBATAdelener@oldwestbury.edu ).
- A maximum of two papers can be presented by one person.
- Abstracts should be a maximum of four pages, and the full paper should be a maximum of twenty double-spaced pages including references and exhibits. The more complete the paper, the better its chances of acceptance in the review process.
Submissions should include:
- A separate title page which clearly indicates the name(s) of the presenting author(s) and other co-author(s),affiliation(s), complete mailing address(es), telephone/fax numbers and e-mail address(es) and title of the paper;
- A track number; and
- Up to four key words that describe the paper.
- The text of the full paper, abstract or proposal must include the title, but should not include the name(s) of the author(s) as papers will be blind reviewed. Accepted papers will be included in the Conference Readings Book.
- Submissions must not have been published, submitted or presented at other conferences.
- Special scheduling requests (dates or times) must be made at time of paper submission.
- Submissions should be e-mailed to the Conference Chair:
Dr. N.J. Delener, Conference Chair
Dean, School of Business
The State University of New York at OW
PO Box 210 / 223 Store Hill Road
Old Westbury, New York, 11568 USA