Innovation in International Business. 7th International Business Week (IBW7)
School of Economics and Management of Minho University, Braga, Portugal
April 27-30, 2009
Deadline for submission of proposals for papers & panels: March 2, 2009
Invitations to be issued by March 18, 2009
Call for Papers and Panels
The under- and postgraduate programs in international business of the School of Economics and Management of Minho University organize the 7th International Business Week this time dedicated to the role of "Innovation in International Business".
In this series of International Business Weeks, that we share with some of our partner universities, students, teachers, and practitioners from all over the world meet in order to exchange ideas on approaches to better learn, teach and do international business, improve their performance, and build a network of engaged global citizens.
You are encouraged to submit your own papers, or papers written together with or by your students, colleagues, and practitioners, who are equally welcome and willing to join us this Spring for IBW7 in Braga, Portugal. In case of panel proposals you are expected to supply the title, objectives, names, affiliation, phone number and e-mail addresses of the proposed panel participants, and their qualification for participation in the panel.
The organizers intend to publish all accepted and presented papers in a Conference Proceedings DVD.
A social program will be organized for the days before and after the conference and for some of the conference evenings. Visits to firms and touristic sites are also planned. Most of the transportation will be provided by the conference organization and sponsors. No registration fee will be charged, but please keep in mind that all personal expenses are the exclusive responsibility of each conference participant.
Besides the general topic of IBW7 – Innovation in International Business – other suggested topics include:
· Technological and Business Innovation
· Industrial and Intellectual Property
· International Entrepreneurship based on Innovation
· Student exchange programs, study trips, practicum and junior consulting projects
· Design and Delivery of (multidisciplinary) Courses and New Programs
· Collaborative Research and Case Writing, focusing on off the beaten track (emerging) markets
· The current international crisis: The importance of market (de)regulation and institutional management innovation
· New demands on International negotiations and Cross cultural issues
Submissions and Review Process
Proposals for panels and papers must be submitted by March 2, 2009. Authors will be notified of the conference committee decision by March 18, 2009, the latest.
Earlier submissions are encouraged, as they will be reviewed as they come in and also allow an earlier communication of the committee's decision.
Questions or submissions should be directed to one or both of the conveners:
School of Economics and Management
Universidade do Minho, Gualtar Campus
4710-057 Braga, Portugal
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for the program, please submit one of the following:
1. A completed paper.
2. An abstract (between 200 and 600 words).
3. A proposal (2-3 page summary) for a workshop, special session, or panel discussion.
4. All submissions in PDF or MSWord compatible files should include the title; an abstract outlining the topic; and in case of panel discussion, aims of the panel, together with contact names, addresses, and email.
Registration fee: No registration fee will be charged. All personal expenses are however the responsibility of each IBW7 participant. Additional registration and accommodation information will accompany invitation.
Web address: http://www.ibw.googlepages.com/ , where you can also find the attached MSWord file with this text.