The Center for the Study of Western Hemispheric Trade at the A.R. Sanchez, Jr. School of Business Texas A&M International University in conjunction with Tecnologico de Monterrey, campus Monterrey the Graduate School of Business Administration and Leadership (EGADE) and the Catedra de Investigacion Economia de la Frontera Norte and Universidad Regiomontana
14th Annual Conference “Emerging Challenges in the Western Hemisphere”
April 16-18, 2009
You are cordially invited to submit papers for presentation at this conference, which brings together academic researchers, practitioners, and policy makers to discuss an array of topics affecting the western hemisphere as we facefurther integration of the Americas in the 21st century.
The conference is sponsored by the Center for the Study of Western Hemispheric Trade (http://freetrade.tamiu.edu ), the Graduate School of Business Administration and Leadership(EGADE), and the Catedra de Investigacion Economia de la Frontera Norte. The 2009 conference will take place on the campus of the Monterrey Institute of Technology (Tec de Monterrey) and Universidad Regiomontana in Monterrey, N.L., Mexico.
1. Panel Presentations
2. Concurrent Academic Sessions
3. Papers on Emerging Challenges in the Western Hemisphere
4. Conference to take place at Tecnologico de Monterrey, campus Monterrey and Universidad Regiomontana.
Benefits of Participation:
• Distinguished papers will be considered for publication in Texas A&M International University’s International Trade Journal. A leading peer-reviewed academic journal now in its 22nd year.
• Opportunity to interact with peers from various countries and gain insight into emerging topics related to economics, finance, marketing, information technology and international business.
• February 23, 2009 - Early registration deadline.
• March 2, 2009 - Due date for all submissions, including complete papers to be considered for inclusion in electronic proceedings.
• March 2-18, 2009 - Review period.
• March 20, 2009 - Notification date for acceptance of submission.
Papers are invited on any topic related to the general theme of Emerging Challenges in the Western Hemisphere with specific emphasis on:
• Role of Governance in Financial Crisis
• Regional Dynamics of the U.S.-Mexico Border
• North American and Border Affairs
• International Trade and Logistics
• Environment and Trade
• Physical Infrastructure and Logistics
• Public - Private Partnerships
• Insoluble Financial Problems.
• Other topics on Western Hemispheric Trade
All participants must submit their work electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Graduate students and non-academic affiliates are welcome. Submissions imply that at least one author will register for the conference and be present at the time designated in the conference program. Research-in-progress will be accepted.
Please send a MS Word or WordPerfect file of either the complete paper or abstract (200 words maximum) by March 2, 2009 for inclusion in the conference. Complete papers may be considered for inclusion in a book of proceedings. Each submission must include a cover page containing only the title of the research with information about the author(s).
$215 U.S. Dollars - Early Registration: February 2-23, 2009
$250 U.S. Dollars - Registration February 24-March 20, 2009
$300 U.S. Dollars - Late Registration after March 20, 2009
Payable by Check, Money Order or Credit Card to Texas A&M International University
For further information, please contact:
Amy Palacios, Conference Coordinator,
Center for the Study of Western HemisphericTrade,
Texas A&M International University, 5201 University Blvd. - Suite WHTC 222E, Laredo, Texas 78041, at email@example.com or